This picture is taken from Yahoo.On 06/2/2008 the school perfomed on the stage about Chinese New Year.They also showed me some slides.First, I saw a slide show that was on 'Nian the Sea Monster'.The show was very intersting with some funny pictures.The story was about Nian and the villagers.Nian was very evil and every New Year he would eat the villagers so, every New Year the villagers would hide in the mountains to escape from being eaten by the monster. It kept on going like that when 5 years later on the morning of New Year an old man came into the village. Nobody noticed him as all of them were running into the mountains to escape from the monster.After some time while an old woman was going up to the mountains she saw the old man. She quiclkly brought the old man to her home and served him food.After he finished his food she quickly told him about the sea monster.Then, she told the old the man to come with her to the mountains.However,the old man refused to go to the mountains.The kind-hearted woman ran up to hills leaving the old man alone at her home.At midnight the sea monster came out of the sea to eat the humans.In a minute the sea monster found he old man but as the sea monster opened the door he became frightened and took a step behind.It was because the old man was wearing a red costume and the monster could not bear to see red.As he took a step behind lighting flashed right in front of the monster.The monster took a few steps behind.After a while the monster died.The villagers soon came to know that the monster had died.They came outside the mountains and asked the old man how he killed the monster. The old man replied that he knew that the dragon hated the colour red and lighting.The villagers celebrated with happiness.This is why the people celebrate Chinese New Year.This is what the story they showed in the slide.
Then they told us the results of the Chinese New Year Classroom Decorations.The winner was 4.3. I was quite disappointed but not for long.A while later,I saw the dragon dance.It was very interesing.After the dragon dance my assembly ended.I went to my classroom to learn.In my class I did my Entry on Chinese New Year which I am am doing at this moment.After learning for one hour I went home.It was a memorable day in my life and will always be.
No comments:
Post a Comment