Wednesday, October 7, 2009

T3W8:Graciousness

Hi Everyone,
This week, we will be writing our reflection on graciousness. By being gracious, we can help one another get on the day without showing anger or being impolite. This is more so in a densely populated city like Singapore where it is crowded everywhere. Mrs Nam has introduced the 'Magical Dust of Kindness' project where you are to show your graciousness by using the magical words. I hope you have been practising saying the magical words.To help you with the reflection, I have listed some questions to guide you. You are not to just answer the questions. Instead, you are to use these questions as a guide and add your own ideas, opinions and thoughts.
In this way, your reflection will be more meaningful and interesting.Here are the questions?
1. What is you meaning of 'graciousness'?
2. Can you give some examples of acts of graciousness?
3. What acts of graciousness have your personally done?
4. Besides the reasons I gave, what other reasons do you think we should be gracious to one another?
5. Do you think Singaporeans are generally gracious? Why do you think so?
6. How can we make Anderson pupils more gracious?
7. Do you like the 'Magical Dust of Kindness' project? Why?8. How have you benefited from this project?
I hope to read your reflection soon.Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Courtesy_Campaign_(Singapore)
Best regards,
Mr Ng

Today I am going to talk about Graciousness. Being gracious is an important part of life. 'Graciousness' means to say the golden words such as thank you, please, excuse me (e.t.c) These are words you say when someone has done good for you or you want someone to do something for you.I have seen quite a few acts of graciousness in this school. One of the one was when I remember my friend telling thank you to a parent volunteer for helping him. There is another good example when some Andersonians say excuse me kindly when someone is blocking their way.Even I like to thank my friends when they have done something good for me.As I have told "Graciousness" is a kind act to do and it also gives a good impression on yourself to others. They will think that you have manners.Yes, Singaporeans are gracious most of the time. Everywhere I go hear people especially saying thank you and excuse me.We can make Anderson more gracious by introducing more activities similar to the ' Magical Dust of Kindness'. These activities are interesting and I like it and it is also encouraging and rewarding.I have surely benefited from this project as I have learnt how to be more gracious.That is all I have to say about ' Graciousness ". I hope you have enjoyed reading this blog.

No comments: