Wednesday, February 4, 2009

T1W4 Journal Writing : Festivals

1. Tell us about the festival you celebrate.
2. Why do you celebrate this festival?
3. How do you celebrate the festival?
4. Do you know what are the festivals celebrated by the other races? If so, could you name a few? Also tell us who celebrate them and why they celebrate them.
5. Do you think the celebration of the various festivals help in strengthening racial harmony among the various race in Singapore? If so, how?
6. In your opinion, how can we develop stronger bonds among the various races in Singapore?Looking forward to reading your reflection soon.

I celebrate the festival Deepavali.I celebrate this function because this is mark the victory of good over the evils.I do a lot of things to celebrate Deepavali. Early in the morning I take an oil bath.After taking the oil bath I go to the temple and pray to god.Later in the evening I light the lamp and then light fire crackers.The purpose of lighting the lamp is to invite god.Some other festival that I know are Hari Raya, Chinese New Year and Christmas.The Malay people celebrate Hari Raya,the Chinese people celebrate Chinese New Year and the Christians celebrate Christmas.They celebrate their festivals for different reasons.These celebrations of the various festivals help in strengthening racial harmony among the various races in Singapore as they teach each other more on differen races.We can surely develop stronger bonds among the various races in Singapore.

No comments: