Tuesday, April 14, 2009

T2W4 Journal Writing : International Friendship Day

Hi Everyone,For this year, the International Friendship Day focussed on friendship within ASEAN. Making friends among the countries of ASEAN is important as they are our closest neighbours. For this week, we will reflect on friendship among the people of ASEAN.

To help you with your journal writing, I have listed some questions below:

1. Why do we celebrate International Friendship Day?

2. Do you know how International Friendship Day come about?

3. What does ASEAN stand for?

4. Do you know a lot about ASEAN? Try this game at this website:http://www.ifd2009.com.sg/What is your knowledge about ASEAN?

5. Do you like the activities organised by the school on International Friendship Day? If not, Why? If 'yes', why?

6. Do you have any friend/s in the ASEAN countries? Tell us how you get to know him/her.

7. What activities do you think the school should organise to help pupils develop friendship with the ASEAN countries?



I hope to read your reflection soon.

Mr Ng




Today I am going to talk about International Friendship Day.The first thing I want to tell you is why International Friendship Day is celebrated. I think it is to celebrate the unity between people of different nations

I am not really sure how International Friendship Day came about but according to me International Friendship day was started to make friends with other countries and at the same time to celebrate the friendship between two countries.

Now I am going to talk about ASEAN. It stands for Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN).I do know a lot but I know somethings about ASEAN.Currently there are ten countries in ASEAN including Singapore.

Regarding the school activities,I was not in the school at that time so I do not how it was like but I am sure that it should have been fun

Yes,I have many friends from ASEAN.One of my friends name is Brendan.When I was young he was my Buddie and soon he became my best friend.I treasure my friendship with him.

I think the school should invite students from the ASEAN so that we can communicate with them.

That is all I have to say.Hope you have enjoyed.

No comments: