Thursday, September 11, 2008

Term 4 Week 1: Reading

1. Do you think reading is important?
2. What do you usually read?
3. How many books or magazines do you read in a month?
4. Why do you read/not read?
5. Do you think that computer games are affecting pupils in their reading?
6. How can the school encourage more pupils to read?
7. If you were to recommend one book which everyone must read, what would it be?


Today I am going to tell you about reading.The first thing I want to tell you that reading is important.This is because reading improves the knowledge in our brain by improving our vocabulary and grammar.
Now I will tell you the types of books I read.I love reading mystery books like The Hardy Boys.I also like reading non-fiction books.Some type of non-fiction books are on the world,living things,the universe(e.t.c).
The average number of books I read in a month is about twenty five books.
I read because I believe that books have something special in them that always makes me curious.Another reason because of which I like reading books is that they improve my English components.
Nowadays I have seen that computers are effecting pupils on their reading.Those pupils always play on the computer and read books once in a blue moon.
Now I will tell you how the school can encourage more pupils to read.They can do this by advertising the good qualities of the books and increasing the number of chances to read books.
If I were to tell you which type of book to read I would say non-fiction books as they improve your science which is a tough subject.
After reading this I hope that you learn more about reading and start reading more books.

No comments: